Monday, October 10, 2011

Conference

We listened to general conference a week late here. We met at the church on Sat and Sun and watched it, recorded on dvd, on the tv. We had 120 people there on Sunday morning. Only a couple of empty chairs. Both days, we had lunch in between sessions. We were amazed that all the little kids did so well for all day! We loved conference, and as the talks were given, we thought how perfect they were for us, and for these saints in Ashburton to hear. The messages are universal, and so is the gospel. We had watched some on our computer last weekend, but the spirit at the church was great this weekend.
I loved Elaine Dalton's talk, and remembered that I had made a stichery picture for Kenny, that hung in his bathroom, where he saw it everyday, that said "The greatest gift a father can give his children, is to love their mother." I just thought her talk was so important for men to hear! So thankful for conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment