These are just a few of the kids at the Institiute in Christchurch. We were wearing yellow, in honor of a friend who died, who loved yellow! We have been asked to teach Doctrine and Covenants,and we have about 35 in our class, on Thursday evenings. About 70 come altogether for classes, (or just for good fun with the other kids). I've been bringing a treat for 70 each week! They remind us of BYU Idaho, with lots of energy, enthusiasm and testimonies! I'm sure that this calling is for my benefit, because I have not understood the D&C or studied it before.
Elder and Sister Murfitt, are the couple who have come to fill in until Elder and Sister Stauffer's replacements come. They are a lovely couple, 80+ yrs young, who have been with the CES for many years. They know their "stuff" and are very brave to be doing what they are doing. We hope we are as able at 80+ as they are!!

No comments:
Post a Comment