Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shopping

Somethings that we love at home, you just can't find here.  String cheese for one.  Today we found what we thought was string cheese, and even though it was $1 a stick, we thought it sounded good - it's not.  Not the same at all.  They do have mozerella cheese, just not in sticks.
I was looking for bottled marshmellow, to mix with cream cheese for fruit dip - no such thing here!  I'm going to try to melt marshmellow to make some.  hummm. (it turned out - ok.  Not as good as bottled marshmellow though.) 
So at the store, I told Kenny to look for some "cream of tarter".  He looked all through the spices and finally said, "they don't have any - they don't even have any plain tarter - or you could just get that and mix it with cream"!  Struck me so funny!
Camille brought us some onion salt - I haven't found it here.  

1 comment:

  1. I've never bought bottled marshmallow or onion salt. BUT The string cheese would be a deal breaker for us. We go through a Sam's Club bag a week at this house.

    ReplyDelete