Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oreo cow!



This is a Galloway cow, commonly called an oreo cow! I saw this first, on our way to Christchurch, and Kenny didn't believe me, so the next time we went by, I had him stop - he was amazed too, so we took a picture and looked it up on the internet. They are beef cattle, and come from Scotland! We'd never seen such a cow. There was a whole herd of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Margo and Kenny! It's Michelle Stommel... (I blog under fake names for safety, so my name on blogger is Valerie)

    I came across your blog and am happy to have found it.New Zealand is my dream vacation and I'm so jealous you get to spend your mission there!

    I just had to comment on the cow... there used to be a "herd" of them in Archer -outside of Rexburg. We LOVED driving past the Oreo Cows!! I didn't know they were native to Scotland, though. So, thanks for the info!

    Keep writing and I'll keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete